Sunday, September 23, 2012

Run 10 Feed 10: a 10K to close my racing season

Today I ran my last race for this 2012 running season. I didn't PR, running the 10K in 46:54 (7:33 pace) but I was really close to my June PR at 46:34. A nice twist being that my time today placed me in the top 3% of all finishers (1.6% of all females) :)

My favorite part of this race was the cause, Run 10 Feed 10, my entry fee went to feeding 10 people in the NYC area. Granted I'm not sure it's the most financially efficient way given all the money spent on advertising etc.....but in the end I was going to run a 10K in September anyway so why not have some of the money go to a good cause. Plus I like the race swag bag.

The course was slightly boring -> an out and back setup on West Side Highway with almost no spectators. However, I still enjoyed myself. Now with this racing season over, time to up my yoga practice from once a week to 2-3x a week and reduce my miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment