Monday, June 7, 2010

Tofu Scramble
















I made tofu scramble for the first time two weeks ago and have since made it 4 times. You can spice it anyway you want, I've tried cumin and curry style so far. Both made me happy and helped cure my tofu boredom. Just make sure you get some of the water out of the tofu first for the best taste.

I adapted Vegan with a Vengeance's recipe because I didn't have all the ingredients and I don't like nutritional yeast (which is sad because it's so nutritious ;)


Ingredients
1 lb. extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium chopped white onion (about a cup)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced

spice blend:
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1 teaspoon salt

Directions
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high. Saute onions 3 minutes, until softened. Add garlic, saute 2 minutes more. Add spice blend and mix it up for 15 seconds or so.

Crumble in tofu and mix well. Let cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat a bit if you find that it is sticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment