Sunset Feb. 25 to sunset March 1, millions of Baha'is across the globe celebrate Ayyam-i-Ha. Ayyam-i-Ha is a time of celebration, hospitality, charity, gift-giving and love (click here for more information on the holiday).
Reasons I'm loving Ayyam-i-Ha:
- 5 days long! (normally 4 but this leap year gives us a bonus day)
- Joyful time spent with family and friends
- Consumer America/Hallmark does not know this holiday exists. Yay for purity of spirit!
- The are no rituals/rules as to how to celebrate.....it forces me to be creative each year and active in my celebrations :)
- Our gratitude tree! Everyone at our party wrote something they are grateful for on a leaf. For each remaining day my husband and I will add additional leaves. I have so much to be thankful for. Asante Mungu! (props to my talented husband who drew the tree)
- It provides a nice time to reset my life and prepare for the 19-day fast that begins on March 2
- 9-sided star vegan sugar cookies