Sunday, August 29, 2010

Banana Blueberry Vegan Icecream

When I first read on my friend's facebook page that you could make icecream from one ingredient I doubted it, but at the same time I was curious. The recipe called for freezing sliced bananas then blending them in a food processor until smooth like soft serve icecream. Sounds too easy and simple. Yet it works :)

I decided to add in some blueberries and maple syrup because the bananas I used were not sweet/ripe. The day of, when it was still the texture of soft serve icecream there was a little bit of an after taste. However, for some reason after being in the freezer for 12+ hours the aftertaste went away. Leaving awesome homemade banana blueberry icecream :)

Recipe
4 bananas, sliced and then frozen
1 cup or so of frozen blueberries
maple syrup (to taste)

Blend bananas and blueberries in food processor. It will take a long time to get a smooth texture, be patient. Last add as much or as little maple syrup as you want. Blend again.

You can eat it immediately (see picture below) or freeze for a firmer icecream texture (see above picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment