Thursday, February 3, 2011

Quinoa for breakfast


I discovered Quinoa 3 years ago but my appreciation for this protein packed grain has increased after trying to follow more of a vegan diet. Normally I use quinoa as a replace for rice or starch to go along with my lunch/dinner items. But now I've extended it to breakfast use as well ;)

Quinoa porridge
3/4 cup soy milk
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup quinoa
fresh or dried fruit to add in (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1-2 teaspoons turbinado (natural brown) sugar

Combine milk, water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low
Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat
Let stand covered 5 minutes.
Stir in fruit, sugar and cinnamon.

Serves 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment