Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sloppy Portobellos

My husband and I prepared this Sloppy Portobello recipe for our New Year's Eve dinner. So far I'm really liking my new cookbook Quick-Fix Vegan.

It was my first time using Liquid Smoke and I am very impressed by much taste 0.5 teaspoon provides. Great fast and simple recipe! We are already planning ways to convert it into an appetizer using baguette slices :)


Ingredients:
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup minced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz portobello mushrooms, shredded or finely chopped
1 (4-oz) can chopped green chilies, drained
1 tbs soy sauce
2/3 cup ketchup
2 tsp yellow mustard
1 tbs chili powder
1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 toasted burger rolls

In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion, cover and cook until softened, 4 mins. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 secs. Stir in the mushrooms, chilies, and soy sauce and cook until lightly browned, 2 -3 mins.

Stir in ketchup, mustard, chili powder, Liquid Smoke, salt and pepper. Mix well, adding a little water if mixture is too dry. Simmer to blend flavours, 5 mins.

Spoon onto rolls and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment