Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Daiya's Vegan Cheese

















Thank you Daiya for releasing your marvelous cheese to the general public :)

I remember the first time I had a slice of pizza with Daiya cheese at Peacefood Cafe. I was so excited at how good it tasted I asked the chef and owner what cheese they used. He replied "Daiya, but it's not available via retail. Only restaurants etc can purchase it.". I remember the sadness that followed.

Eating a grilled cheese sandwich this morning, relishing the melty goodness, made me realize how much I had missed cheese since becoming a vegan. The other cheese options were sub-par, but Daiya is a winner. I feel like I need to make a mini pizza or baked ziti to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. I've gotta agree. So far, Daiya is the closest thing to shredded cheese in taste and texture. Plus, it melts so well! I just want to hug Daiya and Whole Foods for making it easier to buy.

    ReplyDelete