Monday, January 3, 2011

The Whole Earth Bakery and Kitchen

My husband and I tried out The Whole Earth Bakery and Kitchen this past weekend. It's a cute little place in the East Village, run sort of like a Mom and Pop shop and all the employees make you feel at home.

My husband ordered the vegan chili. It was good and spicy. The shop owner walked by, saw us eating it and said "you should try that with the flax seed crackers". Next thing we know, the waiter gave us flax seeds crackers for free :)

I ordered the vegan eggplant parmigiana. It was pretty good. Whole Earth Kitchen is the first place I've eaten this where they didn't try to replace the cheese with a vegan variety. They just left it out and included tofu slabs in the middle.

For dessert, my husband shocked me and actually ordered more than I did (I tend to have the sweet tooth in the relationship). He ordered a vegan brownie and a chocolate covered brown rice crispy. I liked the crispy but didn't care for the vegan brownie.

The Whole Earth Bakery and Kitchen
130 Saint Marks Pl # 2
New York, NY 10009-5843
(212) 677-7597
http://www.wholeearthbakery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment