Saturday, May 7, 2011

Updated race calendar











~ June 11 – Women’s 10K – Central Park
~ August 21 – ING New York City Marathon Long Training Run #2 (6,11, 16 or 20 miles, runners choice) – Central Park
~ September 25 – ING New York City Marathon Tune-Up– Central Park
~ October 9 – Steamtown Marathon – Steamtown, PA

It's May and I feel like I've had a nice start in terms of my marathon training. Although I have not been consistently running 4x....I have been able to get in one long run 8-9 miles a week and a few shorter runs of 5 miles. I even got in some mini vibram runs.

I signed up for 2 more NY Road Runner races.... I am a little nervous/wary that the Sept 25 race is only 2 weeks before my marathon. And the Aug 21 is right after my summer vacation (it's so hard to kept up training during vacay). But I figure the best way to up my pace is to race.

I'm really excited for the Women's 10K next month. Last year I ran it 48:54 minutes (avg 7:52/mile). I've been running faster than that for my weekly runs this year. So I'm aiming for 46 minutes or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment