Monday, November 28, 2011

running prayer of gratitude


"Praised be Thou, O Lord my God! Every time I attempt to make mention of Thee, I am hindered by the sublimity of Thy station and the overpowering greatness of Thy might.....Supply us, then, with Thy wondrous gifts that are hid from the eyes of men. Thou art, verily, the Fashioner of all creation. No God is there but Thee, the Almighty, the All-Glorious, the Most High. ~ Bahá'u'lláh (entire prayer can be found here.)"

There's something prayerful/meditative to me about bodies of water. For as long as I can remember whenever I see a beautiful pond/lake/river/sea I send up a prayer/thanks to God. Living in Brooklyn means lots of morning runs in Prospect Park....there is one special section right after a downhill break that levels out into Prospect Park Lake....it's a sudden switch from park/road/trees to a beautiful opening of water....and every run, for the 2 years I have been living in Brooklyn, my heart smiles and I thank God when I see that body of water.

This morning I was so moved by the beauty of the sun rising over Prospect Park Lake that I had to stop running, thank God and take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment