Thursday, September 29, 2011

Education Under Fire - If I lived in Iran...

If I lived in Iran .....
I would not be allowed to attend university. And if I tried to start/teach in an independent university I would be jailed.
I could not be a teacher, lawyer, dentist or many other professions
I would have to practice my religion (the Baha'i Faith) in fear and secret
I could be charged and jailed for "spreading corruption on earth"
I could be executed for teaching children's classes
I could be tortured for believing in Bahá'u'lláh

Nobel Peace Prize laureates, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and President (of East Timor) José Ramos-Horta, have written an open letter about these abuses addressed to the International Academic Community. To read and endorse this letter go to http://www.educationunderfire.com/nobel-laureates-letter.php#endorse




President and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Jose Ramos-Horta Defends the BIHE and the Baha’is in Iran from Education Under Fire on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment