Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vegan waffles for Valentines Day

I know it's late.....But I made delicious vegan waffles for Valentine's Day, even my non-vegetarian fiance loved them. I was doubtful before tasting them because the recipe didn't call for an egg replacer. However, the banana works well here.

Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 2 cups water (I used soy milk)
  • 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour (I mixed whole-wheat and unbleached flour)
  • 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions: Mix together the mashed banana and water/milk. Add dry ingredients and mix. Leave some lumps in the batter. This will help the waffle stay together. According to the recipe, you can also use this to make pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment