Friday, March 19, 2010

Rice milk and getting in my servings of fruit

I finally tried rice milk yesterday. I think I'll give it * * * (out of 5 stars). The taste is okay, sort of bland. I was expecting it to taste like one of my favorite drinks Horchata, a Hispanic drink made with rice milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. So with those high expectations I was slightly disappointed. However, I could always add some flavor to it. Plus one serving only has 1 gram of protein. Sometimes I worry about consuming too much soy. However, rice milk will definitely not replace my love of vanilla soy milk.

On a side note, I have an obsession with making fruit smoothies. Seriously, I make at least 5 smoothies a week. I think it's the best way to ensure I get enough fruit in my diet. Plus buying frozen fruit at whole foods, adding a banana and some soy/rice milk keeps the cost way down. One bag of organic frozen mangoes for $3 can last me week.


No comments:

Post a Comment